We were having a leakage issue in our basement that was due to moisture in our chimney. The frigid Chicago weather has caused quite a havoc this winter. Lindemann was able to diagnose the problem and ... - Steve M. (Chicago, IL)
My experience with Lindemann was excellent. They came out and did what no one else could. Mine was a smoke issue. After having a fire the entire house would smell of smoke. I could have hung pork bell... - Frank F. (Mount Prospect, IL)
These guys are great! We had our chimney inspected/cleaned by Jim who was extremely knowledgeable and super nice! Definitely recommend these guys! And free wood with the chimney cleaning! Super! ... - Steve S. (Chicago, IL)
Monday kicks off National Chimney Safety Week and here at Lindemann Chimney Service on the north shore of Chicago and southern Wisconsin we are busy cleaning chimneys. The National Fire Protection Association recommends that chimneys be inspected annually and cleaned, if necessary.
Chimney fires can be avoided. Creosote can build up in chimney flues and when the conditions are just right the creosote can ignite making a burning torch out of your chimney.
Other chimney problems can manifest themselves from other types of flue gasses such as gas flues, oil flues and oil flues which may cause moisture issues and deterioration.
Mike is repairing a damaged chimney.
Blockages are another potential problems. Strong winds, lightening strikes, animals and general use could lead to blockages. Bricks or masonry particles, nests, lots of creosote, leaves and general debris can build up over time or can occur even in just a few months if conditions are right. If a blockage occurs smoke, flue gasses and carbon monoxide can back up into your home.
Our sweeps are trained and certified through the Chimney Safety Institute of America as Certified Chimney Sweeps and many have further specialty training.
Be sure your chimney is ready to be used when the cold weather hits. Please call us at 847-918-7994 or click here to contact us for more information.