We were having a leakage issue in our basement that was due to moisture in our chimney. The frigid Chicago weather has caused quite a havoc this winter. Lindemann was able to diagnose the problem and ... - Steve M. (Chicago, IL)
My experience with Lindemann was excellent. They came out and did what no one else could. Mine was a smoke issue. After having a fire the entire house would smell of smoke. I could have hung pork bell... - Frank F. (Mount Prospect, IL)
These guys are great! We had our chimney inspected/cleaned by Jim who was extremely knowledgeable and super nice! Definitely recommend these guys! And free wood with the chimney cleaning! Super! ... - Steve S. (Chicago, IL)
While going traditional with a wood or gas fireplace is common, more and more homeowners are now seeing the benefits that a wood stove can add to their home. What was once considered an appliance only found in log cabins is now becoming a real option for those looking to add warmth to their home with a real fire. Choosing between a traditional fireplace and a wood stove can be difficult if you don’t know what and how to compare. Inform yourself on both to find the right choice for your home.
Here are the pros and cons of installing a wood burning stove into the home:
– Adds comfort and warmth to the living space.
– Can be a cost-effective solution to a gas fireplace installation.
– Not electricity-dependent and can be used during power outages.
– Offers an efficient and easily-controlled fire.
– Can add a beautiful focal point to the room.
– Can be large and bulky taking up valuable space in the room.
– Add little resale value to a property compared to a standard fireplace.
– Many require special ventilation if the home doesn’t already have fireplace venting.
Interested in exploring your wood stove options? The team at Lindemann Chimney Service can help you find the right unit for your heating needs. We can also install the new stove and add any special venting necessary. If you are looking for both experience and professionalism in your next contractor, partner with us for all of your fireplace or wood stove needs.