We were having a leakage issue in our basement that was due to moisture in our chimney. The frigid Chicago weather has caused quite a havoc this winter. Lindemann was able to diagnose the problem and ... - Steve M. (Chicago, IL)
My experience with Lindemann was excellent. They came out and did what no one else could. Mine was a smoke issue. After having a fire the entire house would smell of smoke. I could have hung pork bell... - Frank F. (Mount Prospect, IL)
These guys are great! We had our chimney inspected/cleaned by Jim who was extremely knowledgeable and super nice! Definitely recommend these guys! And free wood with the chimney cleaning! Super! ... - Steve S. (Chicago, IL)
We have all read the devastating headlines of homes being destroyed by chimney fires. The saddest news is that many of these blazes are avoidable. Homeowners must be aware of the important role they play in preventing deadly chimney fires. By taking just a few simple steps to keep the flue clean, you can ensure your chimney is healthy and safe to use.
Here are a few smart steps homeowners can take to maintain a safe chimney and fireplace.
Complete an Annual Cleaning
Those who take the health of their chimney seriously know one of the best things they can do is schedule an annual chimney cleaning and inspection. Having a certified sweep examine your chimney for damages helps uncover hidden dangers while a thorough cleaning removes the excess creosote buildup. This alone greatly reduces your risk of in-home fires.
Burn the Smart Way
Did you know that the types of fires you burn can have a big impact on the amount of creosote that accumulates on the flue walls? You can reduce your buildup by using some smart burning strategies. This includes only burning dry, seasoned hardwood. And rather than a slow, cool fire, you want to keep the ambers hot.
Take Care of Small Repairs
When signs of damage are noticed in the chimney system, it is important to take care of them right away. Crown damage, crumbling mortar and a cracked chimney cap are all common culprits to watch for. While they may seem harmless if left untreated, they can lead to more serious problems and costlier repairs.
At Lindemann Chimney Service, the health of your hearth is important to us. That’s why we offer homeowners throughout the Chicago area the best in chimney cleanings and repairs. Our certified, professional team of sweeps works endlessly to ensure your system is not only healthy, but also safe to use. The first step in your path to a healthier chimney begins with a call to us. Visit our website today to learn more about our quality chimney services.